Ada County Sheriff's Office Hiring Standards
- NO conviction or commission of a felony as an adult (except for #2 and 3 as defined below, and a case-by-case review of juvenile felony convictions). This policy will also include withheld judgments as convictions.
- NO "soft" illegal drug use in the past three years, i.e.: marijuana, illegal use of prescription drugs or steroids, glue/gasoline/paint huffing, etc.
- NO "hard" illegal drug use in the past five years, i.e.: methamphetamine, LSD, cocaine, heroin, etc.
Note: Numbers 2 and 3 deal only with use and/or possession. Sale, transportation, manufacture and/or association with anyone who is involved in any of the listed activities will be cause for disqualification. An exception to this policy may be granted for a single, experimental, one-time use of marijuana or huffing only within the time periods described. Polygraph confirmation is required before an exception may be considered.
- General misdemeanor convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis; however, NO convictions for domestic battery, child abuse, stalking or "peeping Tom" type of crimes. Any criminal probation must already have been served.
- NO D.U.I. convictions in the past three years. This policy will also include withheld judgments as convictions.
- NO driver's license suspensions in the past three years for violations relating to D.U.I., chemical test refusal or points assessed due to moving traffic violations, if driving is an essential function of the job.
- NO dishonorable discharges from any U.S. military force.
- The policy of the Sheriff's Office is to hire applicants who have not smoked for at least eleven (11) months prior to applying. The use of smokeless tobacco is excluded from this policy.
Note: An exception to this policy may be granted for a single, experimental, one-time use only. Polygraph confirmation is required before an exception may be considered.
Feel free to contact the ACSO Human Resources at:
7200 Barrister Drive
Boise, Idaho 83704