OBTAINING A CONCEALED WEAPON LICENSE
- Concealed Weapon applications are obtained at the Ada County Sheriff's Office at 7200 Barrister Dr.
- You need to bring in proof of firearms training when you submit the application. This could be a military I.D., certificate from a hunters' education or other firearms training class such as the one given by the Sheriff's Office.
- You must be fingerprinted when you apply.
Hours of operation are 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday (closed for government recognized holidays).
(For details of the Idaho Concealed Weapon laws, Section 18-3302 A-C).
Concealed Weapon Course
Please call 577-3112 for information on our next class.
Proof of firearms training is required in order to get a concealed weapon license. The Concealed Weapon Course offered by the Sheriff's Office meets this training requirement. There is no cost for the class. No weapons are needed and there is no handling of weapons during the class. Call 577-3112 if you are interested in attending.
2015 Class Schedule
January 20, 2015- 6pm to 9pm
February 17, 2015 - 6pm to 9pm
March 24, 2015 - 6pm to 9pm
April 21, 2015 - 6pm to 9pm
May 19, 2015 - 6pm to 9pm
June 23,2015 - 6pm to 9pm
August 25, 2015 - 6pm to 9pm
September 22, 2015 - 6pm to 9pm
October 20, 2015 - 6pm to 9pm
November 10, 2015 - 6pm to 9pm
Processing of the application and background check takes about 90 days.
- For the fingerprinting/background check, $42 to be paid when application is submitted.
- For the license, $22 to be paid when license is issued.
Licenses are valid for five years. To renew your license, you must come in 30 days prior to the expiration date.
- The background check is $20 which is to be paid when application is submitted.
- The license is $17 which is to be paid when license is issued.
Concealed Weapons Application (pdf)
Enhanced Qualifying Handgun Requirements (pdf)
While we do our best to keep this list up to date, states are constantly changing their laws and regulations. If you plan to travel DO NOT use this list as your official guide. It is your responsibility to call the States you are going to be traveling in and make sure you can carry a weapon in the State.
STATES WITH SIGNED RECIPROCAL AGREEMENTS WITH IDAHO