The Sheriff's Labor Detail (SLD) is a work crew made up of low-risk, nonviolent offenders. This crew performs labor-intensive work on various public projects. While on the work crews, SLD individuals are supervised by Ada County SLD Officer or other appropriate county employees. SLD individuals do not spend the night in jail. After the workday, they return to their homes.
Headcount and crew assignment begins at 7:30am every morning at the Work Release Center. SLD individuals are returned to the Work Release Center by 4:00 pm. Individuals serving time on a SILD crew must park in the parking lot directly across from the Work Release Center.
SLD crew worked more than 159,920 hours in the community last year, saving taxpayers about $1,159,420 in wages
Eligibility Requirements for the SLD Program
- Defendant must meet the Alternative Sentencing Program General requirements.
- Sentenced to no more then 20 days
- Start within 30 days of sentence
- All fees must be paid in advance before first day.
- Five days and under may do one day a week, every week consecutive for five weeks (may not skip a week).
- Six days and over must commit themselves to a minimum of two days a week. May split the days throughout the week. May do more then two days a week. Must do two days a week every week consecutive until sentence is complete.
- No physical or mental restrictions by a Doctor.
- $25.00 Administrative fee (one time fee only)
- $25.00 weekday
- $30.00 weekends
- Reschedule fees are $25.00 per day
- Reschedule fees for No Shows are $50.00 a day.
Sheriff’s Labor Detail Contract