Coming to work at the Ada County Sheriff’s Office means more than just accepting a job. You're becoming part of a rich tradition of excellence and a community of people working to make a difference. We are the largest law enforcement agency in the state of Idaho serving a population of almost 400,000. Our mission is to make safer places for you to live, work, and play.
With over 650 employees in over 60 different career fields we offer a variety of employment opportunities. You can become a patrol or detention officer, 911 dispatcher, records or jail technician, nurse, or choose from a variety of other administrative positions. There are also numerous opportunities for career advancement, and professional growth and development.
Current Openings / Apply Now
TO VIEW CURRENT OPENINGS and to apply now, click here
The Ada County Sheriff's Office will disqualify any candidate whose background includes the following:
- Have used marijuana (or any other illegal drug within the last three years)
- Have used any other drug (methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, mushrooms, etc ...) within the last five years
- Have ever sold, transported, or manufactured illegal drugs and/or associated with anyone who has been involved with these activities.
- Any adult felony commissions or convictions
- Any misdemeanor conviction for crimes involving domestic battery or violence, child abuse, stalking, or "peeping Tom"
- Any criminal probation must already have been served.
- Have regular contact with those who use illegal drugs, are incarcerated, or on probation/parole.
- Have been convicted of Driving Under the Influence (DUI) within the last three years
- Have had a driver's license suspension within the last three years relating to a DUI, chemical test refusal, or points assessed due to moving traffic violations (if driving is an essential function of the job).
- Any dishonorable discharge from any U.S. military force.
- Any discharge from any military force other than honorable will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Have smoked tobacco or simulated smoking products within the last three months.
- Misstating, omitting or deliberately lying about anything during any stage of the hiring process.
If you want more information about career opportunities or need assistance completing your online application, please contact us.
7200 Barrister Drive
Boise, Idaho 83704