Our goal is to have a simple and efficient application process.
During this process, you will be asked to submit or create your resume, then answer questions pertaining to our hiring standards and the position requirements. Once your application is submitted, most communication will be sent via email, so make sure you check your email often.
Below, we have provided information and some tips to help you through the process. If you have any questions concerning the application or hiring process, please contact Sheriff’s Human Resources at acsoJobs@adaweb.net.
If you have not applied with us before, select New Resume/CV.
If you’ve applied through our online system, use your password to load previously entered information; select Existing Resume/CV.
Note that once a position closes its job description is taken off the website. For future reference print a copy of the job description at the time you apply.
Hit the ‘tab’ button after your email address to create a password.
If you have a completed resume, select either the Copy and Paste OR Upload a Resume/ CV option.
We suggest providing at least 10 years of work history.
Use a cover letter to summarize your qualifications and provide a personal touch to your application.
You cannot submit a cover letter if you use the Resume Builder option.
Once you have selected the position you’d like to apply for, you have four options.
- New Resume/CV- if you HAVE NOT applied since adopting the online application, choose this option to start.
- Existing Resume/CV- if you HAVE applied since adopting the online application, choose this option to start. This will load your previous information and save you time. You will need to use the same email address you provided in your original application. If you did not create a password or if you have forgotten your password, choose the appropriate option and a new password will be emailed to you.
- Email a Friend
- Return to Job Listings
Part I: Creating a New Resume/CV
Contact Information. After entering your email address, use the ‘tab’ button to enter a password. You can update your resume after you submit your application using your password (i.e. if you move or change jobs). Please note that the password must be 6-10 characters using numbers and letters.
Work Authorization Status
Resume/CV Submission Options. You have three options in submitting your resume/CV. If you already have a completed cover letter and/or resume/CV, use either the 1st or 2nd option. Providing the last 10 years of your work history gives us a better understanding of your background.
- Copy and paste the content of an existing plain-text Resume/CV.
- Upload a Resume/CV document. Acceptable file types include pdf, txt, rtf, doc, and html.
- Use the "Step by Step" Resume/CV Builder. NOTE- you will not be able to submit a cover letter with this option. You may only enter your work history and limited skill set information.
Make sure you meet our Hiring Standards before you apply.
Some Hiring Standards are:
No smoking within the past 3 months
No felony convictions; misdemeanors on a case-by-case basis
No D.U.I. convictions within the past 3 years
No bad conduct, dishonorable or other than honorable dismissals from the military
No illegal drug use within the past 3-5 years
You can view our entire hiring process at www.adasheriff.org/jobs.
Check your typing speed using websites offering free services.
Part II: Applicant Questions
These questions are directly related to our Hiring Standards and help gather information not necessarily always submitted on resumes.
Our Hiring Standards are very important to us. We look for honesty and consistency throughout the hiring process, starting with the application questions. The Hiring Standards include:
- The policy of the Sheriff's Office is to hire applicants who do not smoked or use simulated smoking products. Applicants must have not used the following for at least three (3) months prior to applying; cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, cigars, pipes, hookah, or cloves. The use of chewing tobacco and snuff is excluded from this standard.
- No convictions or commissions of a felony as an adult. This includes withheld judgments.
- No convictions of a misdemeanor for child abuse, stalking, or any misdemeanor which involved violence or the threat of violence against a spouse, ex-spouse, parent, child, guardian, or intimate partner. Other misdemeanors are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- No convictions of a D.U.I. within the past three years. This includes withheld judgments.
- No driver's license suspensions within the past three years for violations relating to D.U.I., chemical test refusal or points assessed due to moving traffic violations.
- No dismissals from any U.S. military force for any of the following, bad conduct discharge (BCD), dishonorable discharge (DD), or other than honorable (OTH) discharge.
- No soft illegal drug use within the past three years, i.e. marijuana, illegal use of prescription drugs or steroids, glue/gasoline/paint huffing, etc.
- No hard illegal drug use within the past five years, i.e. methamphetamine, LSD, cocaine, heroin, etc.
- No commission of ever selling, bartering, transporting, or manufacturing illegal drugs.
Other general questions include:
- Age minimums. All positions require being at least 18-21 years old. Be sure to check the posting for the age minimum before you apply.
- Willing to polygraph. All positions require a polygraph exam prior to being hired. More information on the full hiring process can be found at www.adasheriff.org/jobs.
- Willing to work the required shifts. We look for applicants willing to work all shifts listed on the job posting. Please review them carefully.
- Computer skills. If you don’t know how many words you can type, any Job Service location can help you or there are numerous free websites to check your speed.
- Work history details (gaps in employment, contact information, etc.). Please be thorough when answering these questions as it gives us a better picture of your professional experience.